Bryn Mawr College Department of Athletics
Student Athlete Eligibility Guidelines
To be eligible to practice and compete on a Bryn Mawr College varsity sports team you need to complete the paperwork required by Bryn Mawr College and the NCAA. All medical clearance paperwork must be completed before the first team practice session. The Student-Athlete NCAA Eligibility Statement must be completed by student athletes, except those on the Badminton team, before your first competition.
First Year Athletes (freshman, transfers and upper class students who are joining a team for the first time):
- Fill out all the information in our athletic medical tracking program called Sportsware. You will receive an email from our Athletic Trainers with a link to instructions on how to access this software and fill it out. In addition to filling out the Sportsware information, you will also need to complete and return the attachments included in this email.
- All First Year Athletes must have a Doctors Physical completed within 6 months prior to the beginning of their sport season.
- You will need to attend a brief Athletic Screening session conducted by our Athletic Trainers. This is set up by with the Athletic Trainers and your coach and takes place in the Athletic Training Room in the Berm Schwartz Fitness and Athletic Center.
- Fill out and UPDATE all the information in Sportsware. In addition to filling out the Sportsware information, you will also need to complete and return the attachments included in this email.
- Attend a brief Athletic Screening session conducted by our Athletic Trainers. This is set up by athletic trainers and each team and takes place in the Athletic Training Room in the Berm Schwartz Fitness and Athletic Center.
NCAA Student-Athlete Eligibility Statement
Each year all returning and first year athletes must fill out and sign the NCAA Student-Athlete Eligibility Statement. The Athletic Department NCAA Compliance Coordinator will hold a meeting with each team at the beginning of their season to complete the following forms.
- NCAA Student Athlete Statement
- NCAA Drug Testing Consent Form (An NCAA list of banned substances can be found here)
- Buckley Amendment Consent/Waiver form
The NCAA has a nice summary of what is required of a Division III athlete. You can access this document by going to https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2017-18DIIICOMP_Summary_of_NCAA_Regulations_20170606.pdf.
List of NCAA Banned Substances (http://www.ncaa.org/2017-18-ncaa-banned-drugs-list)
These forms must be signed in the presence of the Compliance Coordinator. If you cannot attend the team meeting you can make an individual appointment with Carol Bower (email@example.com) to fill out your forms.
MINORS: If a student-athlete is under the age of 18 as of the signing of this form or before your first competition, a parent or legal guardian signature is required on the following forms:
- Buckely Amendment Consent
- Results of Drug Test
First Year International Students: The NCAA requires that (in addition to the annual student athlete statement) you need fill out the General Amateurism and Eligibility Form for International Student Athletes before your first year of competition. This only needs to be done once.